Application Developer (Analytics Developer)
Under direction of the Information Systems management, is responsible for the full development lifecycle of business applications from analysis, requirements gathering, design, implementation, training, and troubleshooting; and supports the maintenance and future upgrades/enhancements of the existing applications, providing a methodological approach to change control and documentation. Manages systems and services, including transfer protocols and encryption cypher algorithms, where needed. Works to ensure that all appropriate settings for system security and integrity are implemented.
Qualifications & Education
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent field of study, or relevant work related education/experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
Four plus years experience with full lifecycle application development in Enterprise Applications. Extensive experience in conducting problem analysis, feasibility studies, system design and implementation.
Works with management staff and users to identify, analyze and prioritize needs and requirements. Designs, develops and implements solutions to meet same.
* Evaluates and prioritizes requests for system enhancements and provides timetables for completion. Ensures all such requests are completed within established time frames.
* Develop applications by completing programming using a variety of languages and software products.
* Integrate applications by designing database architecture and establishing connectivity with network systems and information servers.
* Complete application development by designing and conducting tests, contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems.
* Conducts end user orientation and training for the understanding and operation of custom systems.
* Establishes and maintains complete and detailed system development and maintenance documentation.
* Creates and maintains user guides and documentation, operating manuals and reference manuals.
* Maintains complete and detailed activity logs, including history of end user interactions, needs assessments, modifications, troubleshooting, error corrections and upgrades.
* Provides regular status reports to the department management
* Provides on-call coverage on a scheduled basis, in emergency situations and when requested by the department management.
* Remains abreast of current and emerging technologies in the field of information systems.
* Demonstrates positive behaviors toward patients, families, physicians, and all co-workers. Responds to customers of all age groups in a friendly, prompt, and caring manner while maintaining confidentiality. Promotes mutual respect and professionalism. Partners with team members to meet the needs of the customer.
* Participates in the hospital’s performance improvement process to continuously improve the quality of patient care and service delivery.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Acts as the lead Application Developer for projects and systems supported by more than one Application Developer. Serves as the primary contact person coordinating the activities of all Application Developers supporting that system.
* Meets with Information Systems management to discuss the status of the systems and projects covered in the Lead role. Is aware of the current status of all work pending for the covered department. Attends all such meetings fully prepared and with appropriate meeting materials.
* Communicates priority changes to Information Systems management, department management and other Analysts in the Lead group.
* Responsible for monitoring and facilitating all work orders and help desk calls for the systems and projects covered in the Lead role. This includes preparing documentation for meetings, status reports and responding to individual requests.
* Acts as the primary liaison with the project ore system stakeholders with respect to coordinating activities.
* Communicates with Information Systems management if work is not proceeding as expected.
Qlik R SQL Power BI
Area of Talent: Information Systems
Organization: Valley Health System
Department: VS INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Schedule: 8:00 am-4:30 pm